Die US-PMTSler loben Nicola

Alles zur Skitechnik. Siehe auch Berichte Carving- und Ski-Lehrplan, sowie Besser Skifahren für Fortgeschrittene
ivan

Die US-PMTSler loben Nicola

Beitrag von ivan » 16.05.2006 15:26

nach mehr als einem halben jahr habe ich HH´s PMTS forum besucht - und sieh da, eins der ersten interessanten themen heisst
Austrian method books or videos

"again, just from reading, the most progressive approach is offered by nicola spieß-werdenig, who was something of a prococious talent in the 70s before quitting the WC scene to work with kids with learning disabilities, from which she developed an instruction approach based more on allowing the skier to experience stuff rather than instructing them. Her teaching approach sounds very good, and her contributions to a german web forum as well as the sports pages of the best austrian newspaper are lucid and open-minded. From her website i noted she does advocate knee angulation, at least at a learning stage, isn't a big fan of counter, teaches a a step method involving inside tip lead by pulling back the outside foot (also coached by other sin austria) and loves to load up the inside ski, so quite different to hh, but it's the most i've read on skiing over here from someone who has been there and done it. unfortunately i can't comment on her coaching in practice as she never got back to me when i tried to arrange a session. she is, as i understand, generally shunned by the ÖSV, who took a dislike to her less authoritarian approach to instruction. It is clear from what she writes that she considers the former austrian racers commentating and coaching pretty clueless and still rooted in pre shaped ski thinking." (John Heath)

"I have known Nicola and her brother Uli since they were on the WC, she was a great skier, they are from Mayrhofen." (Harald Harb)

http://www.realskiers.com/pmtsforum/vie ... php?t=1048