Suche "boot fitter" - Ruhr Gebiet

Der Weg zum richtigen Skischuh. Siehe auch Bericht TIPPS zum Skischuhkauf (inkl. Bootfitting)
mirothehero
Suche "boot fitter" - Ruhr Gebiet

Beitrag von mirothehero » 04.11.2004 12:16

Hallo

I am searching for a specialized ski shop in the vicinity of Dortmund (hopefully with the option of fitting the ski-boots for my feet)?
In the "standard" sport shops here I cant find a lot of good boots, let alone fitting ...
I hope there are some "Ruhr-Gebiet" skiers writing in this forum. I apologize for my English post. Although I can understand most of the German messages I have great problems with my writing/grammar :))

Vielen Dank!
Miro

ivan

Beitrag von ivan » 04.11.2004 12:27

hi mirothehero, welcome here!
I´m the man who told you on epicski to visit carving-ski (checkracer).
Dortmund might be a bit difficult since it´s not a ski region. U suppose the top bootfitters will be in or near the mountains. But let´s make use of the overwhelming collective wisdom here :lol:

Benna
Vorname: Benjamin
Ski-Level: 95

Beitrag von Benna » 04.11.2004 12:29

Try this one in Sprockhövel, very close to Dortmund:

http://www.ski-schuh.de/

I have been there two weeks ago because I have loads of boot problems myself. Very freindly AND competent staff with a lot of experience in boot fitting. It might be useful to schedule an appointment in advance so they can take their time with you.

mirothehero
Beitrag von mirothehero » 05.11.2004 12:32

10x!
I called them today and will go there tomorrow. Scheduling an appointment is unfortunately impossible. They told me that on Saturday there are usually a lot of people, but I will try my best to be there early. They recommended Nordica Beast, i never skied with this boot but will see how will fit. With luck will have new boots in 24 hours :)

Hendrik
Vorname: Hendrik
Ski: heißt Uwe
Ski-Level: 3

Beitrag von Hendrik » 05.11.2004 19:07

If they can't help you in Sprockhövel there would be another one in Münster.

http://www.sportboerse-muenster.de/

I haven't visited any of them, so can't tell you anything about this shops. But to my knowledge these two are the only ones within a 100km. It would be nice to hear about your impressions of the shop, since I need new (smaller) shoes myself in the near future.
There is another thread about bootshops in the ruhrdistrict here which mentions www.funsport-essen.de, but in my opinon it would be a big waste of time to go there.

mirothehero
Beitrag von mirothehero » 08.11.2004 13:51

I went there Saturday, exactly at 9 am. The shop was already open. I think there is only one boot fitter there who comes in the afternoon and only Satruday stays the whole day (they close at 14 pm on SAturday) - make sure you will go when he is there ;)
Impressions: The guy is very nice, he listens to you and does not force you on what should be done. I think he is quite good at his work. After seeing and measuring my feet he recommended the Beast model which almost fits me. He took the one shell size smaller (my left foot is 3 mm longer) and with a little grind managed to fit my left foot perfectly! Then he added one plastic tool behind my smaller right foot and its heel was also locked! That`s what i call perfect fit! Because the diameter of my calves is extremely low (I am very thin) he made new holes to readjust the buckles ("schnallen") and this was his only mistake, the new holes were not symmetric on both boots, 1/2 cm difference between my left and right boot. As I can compensate this by buckling I regard this error as cosmetic/annoying.
Overall: The boot fitter was a very nice guy, he did a great fit and I do recommend him. About Muenster there wasn`t any boot-repare-service on their site, that`s why i didn`t go there at all.
About the price : I payed 50 euro additionally to my boots but may be this was the price for the Custom-footbeds I ordered and may be he did all the modifications for free .. :)
If you have bigger boots and they are good ones you may go for a custom liner (they do this) If they are some cheap ones better buy new boots and I am sure that he will fit them perfectly ;)

Benna

Beitrag von Benna » 08.11.2004 20:27

Meines Wissens gibt es zwei Leute, die da die Schuhe anpassen: Einmal den Chef persönlich, Herr Krön und ein Herr Wiehe. Ich war bei Letzterem und kann die guten Eindrücke nur bestätigen.

Obwohl eigentlich rauskam, dass die Schale meines Schuhs viel zu groß ist, wurde ich keineswegs in den Kauf eines neuen Schuhs gequatscht, sondern zunächst versucht alle Möglichkeiten am jetzigen Schuh auszuschöpfen.

Bis jetzt ist der Laden eine klare Empfehlung.

Hendrik
Vorname: Hendrik
Ski: heißt Uwe
Ski-Level: 3

Beitrag von Hendrik » 08.11.2004 23:20

Nice to hear that you found your perfect boots! If new boots weren't so expensive I would be already on the way and I don't think it would make sense to spend money on my actual boots. Also new boots would hopefully have a more narrow shell.
The problem I have is that my left foot has size 45 and my right foot 46, that's 9mm difference. And most of the large boots are not only long but also pretty wide. But my feet are rather narrow and my calf even more. Or to be precise my calf starts were the boot ends.
Well, maybe I should simply go there and try to sell my old boots to a freak on Ebay. :D

@Benna: Du bist aber nicht von Bremen extra nach Sprockhövel gefahren, oder? :o

Benna

Beitrag von Benna » 09.11.2004 09:43

Doch bin ich (von Bremen nach Sprockövel), ich habe allerdings Verwandschaft in Dortmund, so dass ich ein langes Wochenende gemacht habe.

Ich wollte ursprünglich sogar nach Österreich zum Leitner fahren. Wenn man 2 Saisons mit richtig fiesen Fussschmerzen unterwegs war, dann wird man flexibel!

mirothehero
Beitrag von mirothehero » 13.11.2004 17:08

Hendrik,
I think you can try some of these variants:
Head S12 have a model N100 which is especially designed for very snug fit. After that a boot fitter can cut some parts of the liner (actually it is a plastic between the liner and the shell). I dont know where you can find these boots but Head S8 are available in shops\ebay and are narrow both in heel and forefoot.
Lange should be very narrow but I simply cant find these boots in dortmund
Nordica I found are very narrow in the heel area and quite wide/normal in the forefoot. Especially The Beast model which I have has a great fit for my narrow heels. They also have additional 2 plastics which can be placed on the back of the liner to fit the heels even better. Apart from that, they have spoilers which can help if you have thin calf. I undestand what do you mean by "my calf starts were the boot ends" - I am the same like you! All this things didnt help so thats why I asked for new holes for mu upper buckles! And there he messed up a little making the holes with 4-5 mm difference for the left and right boots. Actually now on the left boot is very hard to use the new position of the buckles and I will glue a scotch tape over some of the holes.. but the point is - we all have different/not standard feet ;)
Atomic, Technica wont fit you I suppose, Salomon (Xwave9) are also wider in the heel (although i liked the flex of the boots). May be the Spacecraft (I am not sure if it was the spelling, the race model) can be narrower.

About the difference you mentioned. How long are in centimeters? For ex mine are 29.6 and 29.9. Your number will confuse you if you try to use it on your ski boots. Try to measure them at home or in the shops there are some shoe-meters (I dont know how they are called, you step on them and measure your feet). With grinding and cutting the shell and liner the boot fitter can compensate few mm but for 9 mm I am not sure. It depends on the width of the shell`s plastic which is different. If you cant find good boots at your town you can go to the shop (or to other shop with boot fitting service). There they will recommend the Nordika Beast I suppose but you are not obliged to buy them. Try them and if they pass and you just have pressure on the toes on your right foot you can ask if it is possible to grind 5 mm front and may be few from behind. Then you should make a custom insole and this will "give you" anoher 1-2 mm space. If you feel all the boots uncomfortable may be it will be better to go for "Schaumschuhe" (but as this is expensive of course should be your last variant)

I am by no means ski-equipment expert, I just share what I have found during my search and Yes Benna is right, The ski shoes are the most important thing from your equipment and travelling few hundred kilometers can be worthy in long terms (of course it depends on the time you spend on skiing ;)

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag