Suche "boot fitter" - Ruhr Gebiet

Der Weg zum richtigen Skischuh. Siehe auch Bericht TIPPS zum Skischuhkauf (inkl. Bootfitting)
Hendrik
Vorname: Hendrik
Ski: heißt Uwe
Ski-Level: 3

Beitrag von Hendrik » 16.11.2004 01:06

Hi Miro!
The weather changed my plans for last week so I went to the shop in Sprockhövel. It was very full then, but I managed to talk Mr. Krön. He looked at my feet and told me that it will be very difficullt to find a fitting boot and that it could be possible that only a foam boot will really fit. We then made an appointment for thursday, because this will probably take some time.
In the mean time I tried a Head S8 (29) in Dortmund, which didn't fit too bad, but not really good either. I was still able move my heel. Unfortunatly they didn't have the smaller size or the beast. My feet have the size 28.0l/28.8r.
I hope I will find an alternative to foam boots, since im not keen on spending so much money on a boot. Also some people here said that the Strolz shell isn't very good, so im a little worried. Well, I will know more on thursday. Maybe I should open a knew topic on the Strolz shell, especialy since this doesn't really match the original topic any more. :wink:

mirothehero
Beitrag von mirothehero » 16.11.2004 11:04

They also showed me the "Strolz shell" but i did not like it. As I am not an expert possibly I am wrong but I prefer a well known boot. Btw if you want a foam liner may be Munster will be better for you. Although they dont make modifications (as I understood from their site) they have more possibilities for foaming. And there is already "Strolz-Schuhe" topic. One advice - don`t make the modifications in a haste cause you will regret it. And when the shop is full they will probably try to finish the work fast and not necessarily well done. If the boots almost pass it should be possible to fit without foam. In dortm Head s8 are available in Karstadt-Sport and Vorwinkel. If the boot almost pass (and better than the beast) it is possible to buy it from there , go to Sprockhovel, and if they say that it is not possible to fit, you can return the boots (I did this in Karstadt, bought S8, felt too much pressure on my toes and in the end got my money back) There are some plastic gadgets which you can attach to the heel of the liner (originally for nordica). Try with them, they are available in Karstadt in one box (i dont know if it is allowed ,may be depends on the personnel)

Hendrik

Beitrag von Hendrik » 16.11.2004 13:17

Don't worry, I won't rush anything. I made the appointment on thursday because the shop was too full, not to get foamed boots. The problem is that I already tried a lot of boots which didn't really fit. The Salomon & Atomics were all very bad for me. I tried the Head S8 yesterday at Sport Karstadt in Dortmund. I would definatly count them to the better ones, but they still didn't really look my heel and I still had to close the upper buckles as thight as possible. I tried a funny/strange boot an hour ago at Sport Vosswinkel. the Fischer Somatec F9000. The first boot were I didn't have to close the upper buckles on the last position. But they were extrem stiff and I could still move my heel. I don't think that many people will get happy with this boot. The Tecnica Diablo seems to be a very nice boot if it would fit.
Well, I still have to test "The Beast" and Dalbello boots. Maybe I will also get the chance to try the dobermann. Somewere here ivan recommended them for narrow feet.
And I still can visit the shop in Münster. I think that they do modify non foamed boots, because on their page they write in their desciption of foaming "Schale bearbeiten" and why should they only offer this for foam boots?

About the Strolz boots: I don't really want foam boots. I consider them as a kind of last option. And while the strolz inner boot seems to be good the strolz shell doesn't.

This is isn't really getting easier :-?

mirothehero
Beitrag von mirothehero » 16.11.2004 19:56

http://www.ifyouski.com/Gear/profeet/mens/
http://www.footloosesports.com/boots/re ... rolz.shtml

"Well, I still have to test "The Beast" and Dalbello boots." I think Dalbello wont be for you and about the beast - I am not sure but I doubt will be better than Head.. tell me your impression after the try.

"Maybe I will also get the chance to try the dobermann." - What is your ski style? I personally prefer to ski in powder so it will be quite hard for me (although I never try it :oops:
good luck !

Hendrik

Beitrag von Hendrik » 16.11.2004 21:55

Then I have to try the Head S8 again at Sport Vosswinkel. They should have size 28.5 which I couldn't try yesterday. Till now I only skied on piste and I'm not a racer. So I don't want a very hard boot. So the Dobermann would only be an option in the softest version. But trying shouldn't do any harm.

Schaut hier sonst keiner rein oder schreckt englisch zu sehr ab?

Silver Roller

Beitrag von Silver Roller » 16.11.2004 22:51

Kein Problem mit 'English' ... aber zum gluck auch nicht mit meine Füsse ... verfolge aber auch diesen Thread ... man lernt immer etwas ... auch wenn es nur dazu dient jemanden mit dem gleichen Problem einen Tipp geben zu können.

Hoffe es gelingt ihnen endlich ein passender Schuh zu finden :wink:

Robert

Hendrik

Beitrag von Hendrik » 19.11.2004 11:25

On wednesday I tried the Head S8 again. They didnt' have 28.5 there, but I tried 28 then. The boot was a little short, but I still could move my heel. So the Head isn't the boot for me either.
Thursday morning I visited Sport Krön again. I was nearly the only customer there. He couldn't really remember me, but his recomendation was the same as saturday. So he gave me the Nordica Beast and for comparison a Dalbello boot. But I don't remember which Dalbello boot it was. It had a lower third buckle. This boot couldn't lock my heel, but instead tried to kill my ankles :(
Not very nice, but the Beast was much better. It was the best boot I have tried. My right heel locked in for the first time in a boot, the left one sadly didn't. But that might be adjustabel. This it was make me worry, cause the boot was size 28 and if the liner gets older I might have the same problem again. :-?

Maybe I should really get a custom liner, but I have to think about it. Those prices are really heavy.

mirothehero
Beitrag von mirothehero » 22.11.2004 13:44

"Not very nice, but the Beast was much better. It was the best boot I have tried. "
The same for me

"My right heel locked in for the first time in a boot, the left one sadly didn't. But that might be adjustabel. "
I mentioned above about the adjustable plastic which can be used on the heel (between the liner and the shell) btw it is made exactly by nordica

"This it was make me worry, cause the boot was size 28 and if the liner gets older I might have the same problem again"
If they fit well I dont see a reason. I had one salomon and they endured may be 200 ski days .. and never were uncomfortable

miro

Hendrik

Beitrag von Hendrik » 23.11.2004 00:34

I moved the thread to Schuh für sehr schmale Ferse cause this got to much OT here. If you like I can write the outcome of my search for the holy boot in english, or maybe show you the results in Dortmund :)
The problem I had with the Beast (I think it was Beast 12) was that it didn't feel really right. I still had to close the buckles very hard to get it to fit and combined with the high volume liner I had my concerns. He didn't mention the adjustable plastic parts and said that he would have to glue some rubber/foam pieces on the heel part of liner.
On Friday evening I went to Münster to see if they have an other option. Well, they had. I tried the Nordica Dobermann Pro 110. This boot is a little larger inside than the original Dobermann (1.5mm on all sides). This boot fitted my feet almost perfectly (eventually a bit tight on the instep[hope this ist the right word - should be the upper side of the foot]). The only downsides now are that this boot isn't cheap, I don't know how good they are in fitting if the instep should turn out as a problem and that I didn't try any other of the recommended soft-race boots.
I will continue in the other thread.

Antworten
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag